Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mahalo ke akua

My father has always been a great role model for me.  He always loves to share his knowledge from since small kid time.  The greatest thing that my dad has done was to instill in me an appreciation for God.  In grade school, high school and through college I had attended Catholic schools.  During my grade school years,  my father encouraged me to be an altar boy.  Twice a week, I had to wake up at 5 AM and go to serve mass at Sacred Hearts.    That was an enlightening experience seeing a sea of nuns in all white at 6 AM. No light outside!  Praying for Gods help to make me understand why I was there in church so early in the morning.  My father has never forced his will upon me or my other 4 siblings.  However, every once and a while he loves to reiterate his love of starting his day on his knees.  Praying on your knees that is.  I find his daily routine quite interesting.  I preferably like to wait it out at least until the sun has come up over the horizon.  Anyway, I get it!  Prayer and giving 'thanks' to God is an important thing.  There is so much that I am thankful for:  my family, my wife, my students, my teachers and role models.  Now days, Christianity is being tested more than ever.  I grew up Catholic but I don't see myself different from another Christian that  is Lutheran, Protestant, Born again whatever.  This is me.  I am not no expert on God or religions.   Ok, ua pau.  Good night..little rant at the end!!!I think its late!  Bye Hikari.

No comments:

Post a Comment