Monday, April 8, 2013

Today: Ipo & I scream for ICECREAM







It just so happened that when we took this photo it was next to this Icecream truck. By the way,  I think there is no ice-cream in there. It's just a facade.  We had just finished our lesson  which is very near to our home.  Our student is doing great!  Ganbatte...ke ha'a la'a i ke kai....



Today, up until this moment, it has been a nice day.  Earlier in the morning,  I had a lei making lesson with one of my students.  Correction,  two of my students if you count my niece Emmalei.  Emmalei loves lei making.  Sometimes, she says, ʻI am Kawenaʻs student.ʻ And, 'I can teach, too.'  And my response is ʻmada mada.ʻ  Not yet!  She is one energetic kamaliʻi that loves lei making.  She will someday take over my work with hulalei.




After our lei class,  I cooked us lunch.  Check out this fish.  I don't even know what the name is.  But when I saw it in the fish store, I wanted it.  Oishikatta!  Onolicious.   Japan is excellent.  すごい です。Japan has so many oishi things like meat, fish, eggs, chicken, vegetables.  Cooking is fun and always such a pleasure. For my ohana back at home, this is a fish oven.  We don't have this back at home. Its quite convenient to やく  or broil fish with one of these.  One doesn't need to heat up the barbecue.

Kore kara, from now, I have another lesson with my keiki in Shonan.  Seeing them and teaching them is always great.  I learn something new from them all the time.  They are a machine that keeps on running. They should be known as my Green Class. Green meaning eco.   For example, this  class needs no gas (Kawena Kumu)  input, they just work, function, operate like a well oiled machine.  





No comments:

Post a Comment